These gardens stretching out in front of the City Hall and alongside the Concha Bay offer one of the most typical views of San Sebastian. They have a variety of floral layouts lined by the trees that identify most with the city, the tamarinds. Elegant palm trees complete the gardens, home to an enormous merry-go-round in Belle Epoque style, a huge favourite with young children.
What is today San Sebastian’s City Hall was home to the city’s Gran Casino from the time it was opened on 1st July 1897 until it was closed in 1924 with the prohibition of gambling. Its roulette tables and Dance Hall, currently the Plenary Hall, provided entertainment for politicians, writers and artists in the Belle Epoque period.
On 20th January 1947, the City Council moved its headquarters into the building from its former premises in the Plaza de la Constitución.
Apologies, but no events were found for the requested venue.